Beaumondes is an independent company that creates small-batch skin and beauty care products. After investing considerable time refining product formulations, Beaumondes asked us to create a visual identity and packaging that conveyed their passion for beauty and skin care and their aesthetic sensibilities.
The visual identity and packaging design convey a modern take on traditional luxury. With 120 natural product formulations and five product categories in Beaumondes’ line, we devised a color-coded taxonomy of seven fragrance classifications and set our focus on designing a packaging system that distinguished each product while also elevating the Beaumondes’ brand.
Our design approach centered on combining a modern mark with classical typography. Bright pops of color combine with a dark base to convey understated and elegant style on packaging for oils, lotions, shower gels, liquid soaps and scrubs. In instances where the product was visually appealing, we showcased it as a key visual to inject variety and interest into the packaging design system.
Custom packing tape, tissue paper, sample cards and thank you cards round out the system and ensure a professional and elegant presentation inside and outside the box.
- Agency/Creative: paul howell : Design
- Article Title: Branding and Packaging Design for a Line of Luxury Self-care Products
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Identity System, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Research
- Format: Bottle, Jar, Tag, Wrap
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Plastic, Pulp Paper