As a design team at Regency, our passion lies in creating impactful, purpose-driven work that champions social change. This is what fuelled our enthusiasm when we were presented with the opportunity to create a pro bono identity for our client, Pride Wide.
‘We’re a movement, not a brand’ – those were the words spoken by Pride Wide at the briefing stage of the project. As a global charity, Pride Wide harnesses the power of journalism, conversation, and media to amplify the voices of LGBTQIA+ individuals, driving awareness and social change worldwide.
While crafting a distinctive identity, the primary goal was to provide a powerful voice for the community Pride Wide represents. The brand is not about a slogan, it’s about real lives.
Our aim was to create an ident which would be hard to ignore. Inspired by rallies and marches, the focal point of the identity is the letter marque, taking the shape of a megaphone. This design encapsulates their unwavering commitment to amplifying the LGBTQIA+ community’s voice with a clear message – we’re proud and we’re never afraid to say so.
Complementing this, we developed a bold and adaptable visual identity inspired by the angles found within the letter marque. A speech bubble element emerged from this, unlocking a suite of graphical assets that can be open to future adaptation as the movement evolves.
Understanding that Pride Wide relies on an engaged audience, we recognised the importance of establishing brand and social guidelines as an integral part of our process. The goal was to create a comprehensive document that could be understood with ease, empowering our audience to take action and be a part of this vital movement.
- Agency/Creative: Regency Creative
- Article Title: Brand Design for Pride Wide – Empowering a Movement
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: London/Remote
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Creative Direction, Logo Design, Rebranding
- Industry: Non-Profit
- Keywords: LGBTQIA+; news outlet; journalism; movement
Designer: Franziska März
Designer: Andrei Vasyliev
Design Lead: Charlie Law