Provision Analytics is a B2B software for food safety record keeping, founded in 2018.
When this project began, 90% of the food industry still used paper and spreadsheet for food safety. Provision leveraged design to make its users feel like modern experts, unifying the brand and UI in a crossover design system. It won trust in a market of late adopters, driving tech adoption.
Provision’s new logo is based on geometric graph theory diagrams, evoking the traceability feature that Provision is known for. The logo scales into an abstract pattern that is used throughout the identity. This refresh maintains 30-degree angles and rounded corners to create continuity with the prior logo. The brand identity introduces a typographic and colour system used throughout the product design.
The brand refresh was designed hand-in-hand with Provision’s custom UI/UX design system. By sharing a common identity between brand and product, the user experience feels familiar to prospects, reducing friction from promotion into product trials.
The product design began with UX information architecture, remapping the navigation, page hierarchy, and workflow patterns. From there, the UI was built in an atomic system. The page stack uses the z-index as a visual breadcrumb. A core concept is reducing contrast on high-noise pages, using white dividing lines between light-grey rows in submission tables, which are prevalent. The UI increases contrast to focus the user on active elements, using the signature green as a functional highlight. Harmony in element sizing creates a sense of order and symmetry; the height of rows and fields matches the width of icon buttons and collapsed navigation.
The crossover design system doubled the usability score among Provision users, increasing the Net Promoter Score by 100 points. Provision’s signed revenue tripled within 7 months.
- Agency/Creative: Kevin Davies
- Article Title: Brand and UI Design System for Provision Analytics
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Calgary
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: App Design, Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Design, Identity System, Logo Design, Product Architecture, Product Design, Rebranding, User Experience, User Interaction
- Industry: Technology
- Keywords: Software, Design System, UI/UX, Brand, Food
Lead Designer: Kevin Davies
UI/UX Designer: Leo Cao