Brand and Pet Food Packaging Redesign
Colourmedia – Wilsons Pet Food
Established in 1861, Wilson has been renowned for producing a range of quality food for working dogs across Scotland for generations.
Under new ownership, the team at Wilsons asked Colourmedia to redesign the identity, overall branding and the primary working dog product range. As part of Wilson’s plans for growth, the introduction of a new Cold Pressed range was key to revitalising the brand and generating wider appeal within new markets.
The brief from Wilsons was simple – create a range of 3 initial products with a modern and very distinct design that would give high impact on the shelf, and appeal to those dog lovers looking for a premium product and something a little different.
At Colourmedia, we created and developed a range of design concepts, focussing on full wrap around illustrations, enhanced by inspiring product names.
In this highly competitive sector standing out is not easy, however, with this radical refresh Wilsons have seen marked increases in current and projected sales figures, not to mention extremely positive customer feedback.
- Design Agency: Colourmedia
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Commercial, Published
- Article Title: Brand and Pet Food Packaging Redesign
- Brand / Project Name: Wilsons Pet Food
- External Design Credits: Gary Lawson project management, designer and illustrator
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Redesign
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Branding, Consumer Brand Identity, Consumer Graphic Packaging Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Pets & Animals
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Pouch
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic