Botanicely is a personal project done with love and dedication for a botanical garden. It is a tribute to the English illustrator Cicely Mary Barker, author of the illustrations for the Flower Fairies children’s stories. It also takes as a reference the botanical illustrations of the 18th century.
The visual identity of the brand brings to mind the idea of life almost literally. We are talking about a visual identity for a botanical garden, full of life, color, changing nature, etc. To achieve this idea, the visual language changes according to the season of the year. The logo has four different versions in which the ligatures change depending on the season; and the color palette also changes. For example, in winter we find cold colors but in summer there are warm tones.
The design system consists of a series of digitally hand-drawn flower illustrations that are suspended along curved lines that simulate the vibrant and lively part of nature. These illustrations show us the flowers that we can find in each season.
- Agency/Creative: Lola Téllez
- Article Title: Botanical Garden Projected Created by Lola Téllez
- Organisation/Entity: In-house, Published Self Promotional Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography
- Industry: Agriculture
- Keywords: botanical garden, garden, flowers, autumn, winter, spring, summer, botanical illustration, flower fairies, visual identity, floral, garden,