Bare & Deft Silicone Mold Packaging Design by Ricardo Pletes RPD Design
Bare & Deft is a small company based in Sacramento, California, an importer of half-sphere silicone molds, mainly used for confectionery of sweets and snacks. The problem is… The product itself does not have any big differential from its competitors, since all importers have the same shapes and material. The fight is only in price and fast delivery (in the case of web buyers). So, why people would buy Bare & Deft silicone molds? What could be done to catch the consumer’s attention and still show the product and its main use?
The challenge was to create a design that distinguished and added value to the Bare & Deft brand. Starting with the logo, the design idea was to use relaxed, playful typography as an initial premise, as we wouldn’t like the brand to be seen as gourmet, or boring, but as something fun, within everyone’s reach, as happens when we use silicone molds to help us in your candies recipes.
For the packaging design, we followed the premise of fun and relaxed, using graphic elements composition of the colored half circles and full circles, representing the sizes and formats offered by the set of silicone molds in the box. Adding photographs of the ready-made products, showing the consumer the types of recipes that can be baking or molded, instigating the desire to do the same. The result was a provocative and clean design, which values and highlights the product in a scenario of fierce competition.
Deliverables was logo design, brand guidelines, complete package design, and 3d mockups design.
- Agency/Creative: Ricardo Pletes RPD Design
- Article Title: Bare & Deft Silicone Mold Packaging Design by Ricardo Pletes RPD Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Brazil
- Agency/Creative City: Santana de Parnaiba
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, 3D Design, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Design, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Carton
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: #Packaging design #Design #box design #silicone mold #graphic design #small business #logo design #logotype #RPD Design #Ricardo Pletes
Designer: Ricardo Pletes