Azul is a new typographic proposal aesthetically influenced by the ornamental details present in the diplomatic uniform worn by Rubén Darío in front o the court of Alfonso XIII, in Madrid, Spain.
Although based on a Roman structure, its strokes and terminations give it a classic, refined and stately appearance.
The typography takes its name from one of Dario’s most famous works Azul… a compilation of a series of poems and textual prose published in 1888. A humble tribute to the ‘Príncipe de las letras Castellanas’
Azul is a typography, specially made for display purposes. Currently available in lower case characters and works perfectly in a variety of projects with short texts such as headlines, packaging, or any accent pieces, also looks great in large formats such as posters or t-shirts. Also includes a set of alternate characters to help you add some variety, flexibility, and personality to your logo design and type compositions.
The typography was designed by the Nicaraguan designer, Dainin Solis in 2021. Upper case characters, numbers, and symbols are coming soon.
- Agency/Creative: Dainin Solis
- Article Title: Azul Display Typography
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Typography
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Nicaragua
- Agency/Creative City: Managua
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Typography
- Industry: Public Utility
- Keywords: Azul, Typography, Font, Typeface, Display font, Display Typography, Display Typeface, Headline, Poetry, Ruben Dario, Classic, Modern, Modernism, Poet, Elegant, Fashion, Blue, Serif
Designer: Dainin Solis Collado