Supfly drinks are a mellow combination of drinking water and juice which have high antioxidant properties due to the presence of insect extracts. A series of drinks includes three varieties of flavors with a volume of 0.33 ml. Product naming is a play on words ‘suply’ and ‘fly’ which hints at the content of insect extracts in the drink.
According to scientific studies, the extracts of some insect species contain a variety of antioxidant properties, which exceeds the antioxidant content of a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice by about 6 times. The best performance out of all extracts appear to be extracts from grasshopper, cricket and silkworm.
Thanks to the extracts, insects become the secret helpers of humans. This idea explains the sense of graphics on the packaging as insects usually try to be invisible and hide in the grass and foliage in their natural habitat. The graphics depict grasshopper, cricket and silkworm. Serif typeface used for the product name and soft visuals created by light-colored gradients allow the user not to be shocked by the presence of insects in the product and give a pleasant impression about the drink cans at first sight.
The product line includes fruit flavors such as lemon + grasshopper extract, peach + cricket extract, grape + silkworm extract. Thanks to fruit and berry flavoring additives, people will not notice the presence of insect extracts in the drink, but they will be saturated with useful properties which can help to strengthen their body.
- Agency/Creative: Ann Makarova
- Article Title: Antioxidant Drinks With Insect Extracts Supfly
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Agency/Creative City: Moscow
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: 3D Design, 3D Modelling, 3D Motion, Design, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Visualisation
- Format: Can
- Substrate: Metal
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: drink, antioxidant drink, beverages, soda can, insects, flavoured water, juiced water
Designer: Ann Makarova
Curator: Evgeny Kashirin