Alskin is a certified natural cosmetics brand inspired by marine science.
Alskin bases its philosophy on personal care without forgetting care for the environment and takes advantage of natural resources to get the most out of our skin, adapting to each body in a natural and effective way. With the brand and packaging redesign we seek a new higher brand positioning that transmits its values of sustainability and certified quality.
All redesign work revolves around sustainability. We base our entire design on the use of 3 colors: white of the paper, black of the packaging bottles and green as the corporate color that will represent the main ingredient, the algae. We create a genderless, sustainable and elegant design with which we want to transmit the main brand values with the least number of elements possible.
We create all the content of the brand using typographic elements and we accompany it with minimalist graphic elements created solely with a black line. We want to be able to transport final consumers to the sea only through typography and color.
In addition, we carry out the art direction of the content of the brand. We create photographs where the product is integrated into the sea and/or the sea is integrated into the product. In one hand, we take photographs in a wild marine environment, where the product is shown surrounded by water, rocks and algae. On the other hand, we create product still lifes indoors, where we incorporate these same elements in a casual and elegant way, giving all the prominence to the product.
- Agency/Creative: Mara Rodríguez Design
- Article Title: Alskin Marina Science Skincare Brand and Packaging Designed by Mara Rodríguez Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Gijón
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Product Photography
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Board
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: art direction, beauty, brand identity, Cosmetic, cosmetics, cosmetics packaging, skincare
Client: Alskin Cosmetics