Il Mugnaio – Antiche Tradizioni
Idea | Need: We hypothesize “Il Mugnaio” an enterprise that has many ties with the rural and artisan tradition, but that wants its new image to reflect its current commitment to means innovation and logistics, without losing, however, the strong bond with its ancient past and “know-how”, and the quality of the flours it produces.
Proposal | Solution: Let’s start with a logo restyling and new packaging. To define this new image, we divide the flours into three production lines: 1. Classic flour 2. Cereal flour 3. Organic flour The miller processes the grains in his mill to turn them into flour and then into bread – This is the story we want to tell, therefore, we decided to change the old logo, redefining both the glyph and the lettering.For the glyph, we choose to use the sign that the millstone leaves on the flour, instead of the banal and didactic millstone; for the lettering, we prefer a sans-serif character, lighter and more modern, to the previously used serif character. As for the packaging, we choose to use natural colors that remind as much as possible of the nuances of earth and nature. The images have a “cardboard effect” in order to appear “rustic” and emphasize the paper and the manual clipping of all the elements that compose the design. We also work on the storytelling, identifying three claims to go with each new package.
From earth to ear, from wheat grains to flour, from mold to bread. A slow and laborious path. A story of love and passion.
From generation to generation, an ancient craft handed down from father to son, from mother to daughter.
Still today the miller grinds the grains with a stone. A tradition that is renewed every day.
- Agency/Creative: Studio Theca
- Article Title: Agency Design Created New Logo and Packaging Il Mugnaio Flour
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Self Promotional Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Italy
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Sachet
- Substrate: Pulp Paper