Ortus is a condensed blackletter display font developed for expressive titles. Its straight lines make the font more imposing. The project started with some handmade sketches. The initial idea was to have an imposing typography, so the condensed style made the perfect match between the styles.
Ortus means to resurface, which alludes to the typographic rereading that the font brings. Inspired by Gothic design, the typography makes a reinterpretation of the classic to something more contemporary and current.
- Agency/Creative: Yago Ferreira
- Article Title: A Modern Gothic Typography Designed by Yago Ferreira
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Self Promotional Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Brazil
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Type, Gothic, Font, Blackletter, Visual Identy